Collaborate, add annotations, store comments, reply on them, all from within your Tableau Dashboards. Make sure they are noticed by your dashboard users
Call for Price
This extension for Tableau supports your organization in the communication process on marks or outliers in your dashboards. It enables you to discuss data and share insights with fellow dashboard users, colelagues or clients without having to leave your dashboard. Experience these benefits of annotating, commenting and replying on interesting marks with fellow dashboard users directly in your dashboard.
Most often the simplest things have the biggest impact on how we get things done— automatic spell check or setting task reminders for example. I know many of us would struggle to work efficiently without those comfy features.
When you transfer from working on your own towards online collaborating with team members or different departments things get even more complicated.Our Annotations extension is the right solution if you try to make collaboration within Tableau Dashboards as seamless and simple as possible.
With the introduction of the annotations extension, we’re hoping to help your conversations flow even smoother from inside all your Tableau Dashboard.
The Annotations extension can add annotations, store comments and make sure they are noticed by your dashboard users. All data is stored in a dedicated datasource via our unique Write Back mechanism to make sure your annotations are still available next time you visit your dashboard.
You can imagine numerous use cases for the Annotation extension. Anyone who wants to collaborate with other users, clients, suppliers or managers without leaving your Tableau Dashboard can have huge benefits from this extension.
- Communicate on specific marks in your dashboard
- Explain your outliers to a broad audience
- Exchange opinions or thoughs on specific marks
- Create actionable Task lists based on marks in your dashboard
- Use row level security to communicate with certain groups of users
Some of the unique features of the Annotation extension:
- Add annotations
- Reply on existing annotations
- Prioritize annotations
- Automatic highlighting of your mark while selecting an annotation
- Automatic highlighting of your annotations while selecting a mark
- Assign actionable comments to fellow dashboard users
- change the status of comments and annotations
- Use a custom field to add extra information to your annotations
- Use Row Level Security
- Apply read/write permissions on user base
- Control the number of visible comments
- Control the actuality of your annotations list
- Enable or disable elements you need for your annotations
- Report on your annotations and comments
- Blend your annotations back into your vizzes
Enterprise on-premise deployment
The AppsforTableau Annotations extension is a general Write Back extension. Our Write Back extensions are only deployed in an on-premise configuration since we can not store any of our clients data. We can help you in setting up your extension configuration with our remote support professional services.
On-premise installations allow you to be in control of infrastructure, privacy, governance, and to comply with company policies. It also allows for the installation/hosting of several individual extensions. Please contact us for more information regarding on-premise installation of our extensions. Our consultants will advise you on the best solution tailored to your specific situation.
- Be in full control of your extensions
- Respect data governance policy
- Comply with company security policy
- Installation support (remote)
- Excellent operational support (Tableau Gold Partner)
- Updates managed by IT
- No internet access required