In this Write Back Extreme (WBE) extension tutorial you will learn how to add and use the Add Data module in your dashboard.
The Add Data module stores the added data in a dedicated (new) table and maintains a link in a _mapping table in that same database. The Add Data module solves a lot of Tableau Use Cases like Forecasting, Budgeting and Annotation. This tutorial shows you a forecasting use case.
You will learn:
- How to configure a sheet that triggers the extension and shows the added data
- How to join the _mapping and _users table with your write back data
- How to add the extension to your dashboard
- How to fine-tune your extensions connection to the dashboard
- How to add your records with the Add Data module